Monday, January 9, 2012

two-faced watch

This morning I brushed my teeth in Ashley's sink. The act of rinsing, brushing, swishing, observing is an act of familiarity and comfort. With only six days left until departure, I was finally brave enough to look to my left. I traced my index finger all the way along the World Map Shower Curtain, from Florida to Pune, India. I was thinking about how many episodes of Say Yes to the Dress I could fit in until Ashley finally woke up. Glancing down at my two-faced watch, I wondered why I was awake at 8 a.m. In six days, it would be 5:30 p.m. I figure one cup of coffee per episode. Maybe about three doses of caffeine? I suppose Life really is measured out in coffee spoons. Soon,  my electric toothbrush plug would be stopped by a converter before being allowed to pass on to the outlet. Will I have to brush with water that has been boiled first? I guess I'll figure that out. In six short days, I will be standing in front of a different sink, with different water and electricity, and different people sleeping in adjoining rooms. Netflix weddings will take a six month hiatus from my life. Probably a good thing. Travelling to India is going to be one, big, adventure, and I just can't wait.  

2 comments: