Thursday, February 16, 2012

Burger [X]

My eyes followed the word “Burger” spelled across the left hand side of the arched sign and stopped at the black trash bag duck taped along the right. The “King” part had been dethroned in favor of copyright laws.

Walking down the rest of the narrow ally on a Thursday night, Vishu and I came across ping pong tables resting under a nicely laid tin roof and a completely empty bar. I couldn't tell if the Bob Marley murals and karaoke stage had ever been appreciated by a crowd before. Taking a seat at the bar, Vishu looked over the menu as I swiveled around and looked at the sign on the door of the small building next to the stage. “Strictly no dancing allowed.” Turning back to the bar and the menu laying on its flat wooden edge, I read off more combinations of fruit than I would find in a botany book. After the indecision that always comes with ordering, Vishu and I conversed in the dark while the bartenders mixed via light from a cellphone. The lights in Pune like to keep us on our toes. Or off of them; don’t worry, there was strictly none of this:  www.youtube.com




lights out


Mahabaleshwar 


Mahabaleshwar (a hill station) is famous for its strawberries.


So many monkeys!

Temple










No comments:

Post a Comment