Tuesday, February 14, 2012

five rupee fix


One week before leaving for India, I made an investment in a replacement retainer- anything to calm my chronic obsession with teeth.

One week after arriving in Durshet, I sat on my retainer because the anxiety from introducing myself made me flee back to my seat like a stampede animal.

Today, I super-glued my retainer to my face. Except in India, they call it Fevi Kwick. Only 5 rupees at the Xerox shop! I thought I was on the receiving end of a super deal. Too anxious to wait for Fevi Kwick to make my beloved retainer whole again, I let it dry for all of five minutes. For a while there, it looked like my teeth would be locked up in orthodontia prison forever.

Good news: my face is free.

Bad news: I had the sense to buy Fevi Kwick to fix my retainer at a Xerox shop in India. Now my claustrophobia is acting up again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment